Cook sugar, spices and 1 cup cider in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in juice concentrate until melted.
Transfer to a large pitcher and stir in remaining cider.
Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
To serve, pour cider mixture into a punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale. If desired, garnish with orange slices
Yield: 12 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) apple cider orjuice, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- Orange slices, optional