U-Vin Terms & Conditions as Required by the Government of BC
Each customer must
- Pay for all of the ingredients prior to starting the manufacturing process. At a minimum, the payment must be for the cost of the ingredients as this is a necessary step to transfer ownership of the product from you to your customer. You may, if you wish, require payment of the service fee at this time or wait until the product is to be bottled. If the customer brings his or her own ingredients into your establishment, you must require payment of the service fee before beginning the manufacturing process.
- Sign a declaration saying that he or she is using the product for personal use or for use at no charge by others, such as friends and family. The declaration should be printed either on the invoice or on a separate piece of paper attached to the invoice and should be of a font size clearly legible by your customers, with a typeface at least 11 pt. or larger. You must retain the declaration for audit purposes.
- Add the ingredients necessary to start the fermentation process. The degree of customer involvement will vary depending on the type of product being manufactured and the form it takes. For example:
- Beer/Wine/Cider kits: The customer must pour the juice/concentrate into the fermentation vessel and add water (if required), yeast and any other necessary ingredients to the fermentation vessel.
- Juice barrels: The customer must add the yeast and any other necessary ingredients to the barrel.
- Commercially available pre-packaged wort kits: Same as for beer/wine/cider kits.
At a subsequent visit to your U-Vin, each customer must:
- Wash and sterilize bottles. (This step can be performed off-site as well.)
- Remove or deface any commercial winery or brewery labels on bottles. Defacing must include, at a minimum, putting a clearly visible and permanent dark felt pen marking across the label.
- Bottle and seal the product started by the customer during an earlier visit.
- Affix labels or other decorative items to bottles, if any.
- Remove the product from your UBrew/UVin store immediately after bottling. Bottled product may not be left on the premises for any reason,
- Cork it Winemaking is not permitted to deliver a customer’s beer, wine, cider or coolers.